Chicago Crystal Meth Lawyer
Get help from a highly qualified, aggressive Chicago drug crime defense lawyer.
If you are facing criminal charges related to the possession, distribution or manufacturing of crystal meth, your legal situation is very dangerous. I am attorney, Michael P. Schmiege, a Chicago drug crime defense lawyer, and I am a dedicated advocate for every person I represent. I do not judge, and my goal is to help you to fight back, and to seek any possible advantage for you, in or out of court. The penalties imposed upon you could be extremely severe. In cases that involve 5 – 15 grams of crystal meth, you could face up to 15 years in a state correctional facility, and up to $250,000 in fines.
Law enforcement is heavily involved in identifying those who are involved in manufacturing and distributing meth in the Chicago area. Were you caught in the net? Get help from a trial lawyer that knows what it takes to present a defense case and get results. At my firm, I give each case my full focus and attention. I work long hours on case development, and I believe you deserve to have this level of service and professionalism from your attorney. Call me at once if you have been arrested for any crystal meth offense. The skills of your attorney are critical in this type of case.
Crystal Meth Charges in Chicago: Aggressive Drug Crime Defense
Some of the penalties of a crystal meth conviction include up to 3 years in state prison, and a minimum fine of $25,000.The penalties will vary depending on the amount of crystal meth involved, the location of the alleged crime, whether any minors were present, and your prior criminal history. Your defense case can only be determined after a full review of the evidence and circumstances in your case, but generally, these are some factors that could be beneficial in defending against any crystal meth charge:
- It is your first offense;
- The drug belonged to someone else;
- The crystal meth was intended for personal use and there was no intent to distribute;
- The police violated your rights in stopping you;
- You are a victim of an illegal search and seizure;
- Your vehicle was illegally searched;
- Your home was illegally searched;
- Your person was illegally searched;
- You were not involved in the crime, but merely present for other reasons;
- You were addicted and need treatment, not punishment;
- Many others.
Contact me today so I can get your defense case in motion.